+63 998 582 9970
- 80g Shortening (butter/margarine) held at room temperature.
- 280g Sugar (to be split 200g and 80g – see method).
- 3 Egg yolks.
- 6 Egg whites.
- 160g Flour.
- 1tsp Baking powder.
- 6tbsp Milk.
- 3-4 Stalks of rhubarb.
- 1 Vanilla pod or three drops of vanilla essence.
- Peel and cut rhubarb into 3cm long pieces.
- Cream the shortening (butter/margarine), add 80g of sugar and the vanilla.
- Add 3 egg yolks.
- Slowly add flour (premixed with baking powder) and milk.
- Spread dough in lined baking tin and distribute rhubarb pieces evenly on top.
- Bake 15-20min at 175° Celsius.
- In the meantime whip 6 egg whites untll stiff and add 200g sugar.
- Distribute on top of partially baked cake and continue baking for a further 15-20min. until meringue is lightly browned.