+63 998 582 9970
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Temperature: 220 ºC
- Serves: 6
- 6 eggplants, halved lengthwise
- 1 Tbsp white sesame seeds
- 1 Tbsp finely-chopped spring onion
- ⅓ cup white miso paste
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp cooking sake
- 2 Tbsp mirin
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- Preheat the oven to 220°C (425°F).
- Make the Miso Glaze. In a bowl, whisk together all the ingredients until smooth. Set aside for the flavours to come together.
- Run a knife around the flesh of the eggplant halves to make a shallow slit. Score the flesh diagonally. Brush the eggplant slices with the miso glaze and arrange on a baking tray.
- Bake the eggplant halves using the Electrolux oven bottom heat function for 10 minutes or until the glaze turns golden.
- Sprinkle the eggplants with sesame seeds and chopped spring onion before serving.