Prep time: 30mins | Cook Time: 20mins | Serves: 6
1 cup broccoli, cut in small pieces
½ cup thinly-sliced carrot
½ cup shredded cabbage
1 stalk celery, chopped
2 Tbsp finely-chopped parsley
1½ Tbsp minced garlic
2 Tbsp olive oil
½ tsp ground ginger
½ tsp sesame oil
½ Tbsp honey
1½ cups precooked shrimp, shelled (about 25 small shrimp)
2 egg yolks
8 egg roll wrappers
water (to stick the egg roll together)
¼ cup melted butter
For the Dipping Sauce:
1 ½ Tbsp honey
1 Tbsp hoisin sauce
1 Tbsp vinegar
1 Tbsp rice wine
½ Tbsp sesame oil
1 tsp grated ginger
½ tsp sesame seeds
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F).
2. In a big pan, saute the broccoli, carrot, cabbage, celery, parsley, and minced garlic in olive oil. Add in the ginger, sesame oil, and honey and saute for another minute. Add in the precooked, shelled shrimp and toss; remove from the heat. Cool and toss in egg yolks.
3. Put 2 tablespoons of the vegetable and shrimp mixture onto an egg roll wrapper. Roll into an egg roll (check the directions at the back of the package on how to do this). Process the remaining mixture and wrappers until done.
4. Brush the rolls with butter and place on a lightly-buttered baking tray. Bake using the bottom heat function for 15 to 20 minutes.
5. Mix the dipping sauce ingredients together (adjust to your preference) until well-blended.
6. Serve hot egg rolls with the dipping sauce.