Prep time: 15mins | Cook Time: 30mins | Serves: 8
1 lb pizza dough, room temperature
2 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp dried parsley
½ tsp red pepper flakes
6 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
¼ cup pepperoni
3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
For the Dough:
1 cup warm water
1 tsp white sugar
½ Tbsp active yeast
2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp salt
2 Tbsp olive oil
1. Prepare the crust. Mix the warm water, sugar, and yeast. Stir until well mixed. Let the yeast rise for 10 minutes. Pour the frothy yeast mixture in a bowl then add the flour, salt, and oil. Blend until well incorporated. Transfer the dough on a lightly floured surface and knead for a minute. Place the dough in a greased bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Set aside in a warm place and let the dough rise for 1 hour.
2. Preheat the oven to 220°C (425°F).
3. Roll the dough out into a rectangle on a lightly-floured large cutting board.
4. In a small bowl, combine the garlic powder, parsley, red pepper flakes, and Parmesan cheese. Sprinkle about half of the seasoning blend onto the dough.
5. Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese on one half of the dough and top it with the pepperoni.
6. Fold the side of the dough without the pepperoni on it to cover the filling.
7. With a sharp knife, cut the dough into thin strips. You’ll get about 12 strips out of one pound of dough. Twist the strips a few times and press at the ends to seal the edges.
8. Brush the tops of the twists with olive oil and sprinkle with the seasoning blend.
9. Place the twists on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Brush one side with olive oil and sprinkle with the seasoning blend. Turn and do the same with the other side.
10. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes using the pizza function or until twists are golden brown. Serve with marinara sauce.