1. 1/2 (seedless) watermelon
2. 60mL gold tequila
3. 30mL Cointreau or Grand Marinier
4. 2 limes
5. 1 hot chilli pepper (such as Scotch Bonnet or habanero) julienned
6. pinch sea salt
7. pinch caster sugar
8. 1 punnet micro-basil/basil cress (optional)
1. Combine the tequila, triple sec, juice of 1 lime, chilli, salt, and sugar until the sugar dissolves. Taste and adjust sweetness/acidity with more sugar or lime juice as needed.
2. Leave to infuse for at least 30 minutes. Meanwhile, cut the watermelon into 1 inch-thick slices, and place into Sous-vide vacuum bags along with the Margarita mixture.
3. Use the Sous-vide vacuum sealer to seal the bags. Once the air has been extracted cut each bag open. Remove the watermelon and slice into 1 inch cubes.
4. Garnish with freshly grated lime zest and basil cress. Repeat as required.